Food You Can Trust, Because Your Health is Our Goal
At Spring Crossing Cattle Company, we use the best practices of sustainable farming, providing a 100% free-range grazing lifestyle for our cattle. This healthy, nutrient rich diet is passed on to you.
- More Vitamin A- Grassfed beef contains up to ten times the amount of Beta-Carotene as grain-fed cattle, which is converted into vitamin A, also known as retinol, in the body. Vitamin A is an essential nutrient, as it helps promote bone growth, normal vision, cell division, production of white blood cells, and reproduction. Vitamin A also creates a barrier in the body, guarding against viral and bacterial infections.
- More Vitamin E- Grain-fed beef contains three times less vitamin E than grassfed beef. Vitamin E is vital to a healthy body, as it is acts as a powerful antioxidant that can help to delay or even prevent coronary heart disease, protect against the development of cancer, and block carcinogens from forming in the stomach. Vitamin E has also been known to reduce the risk of cataract development and improve visual clarity.
- Omega-6 and Omega-3- Grassfed beef provides the right balance of essential fatty acids likes Omega-6 and Omega-3. A proper ratio in the diet is important, as it can help to prevent and treat type 2 diabetes, cancer, arthritis, coronary heart disease, autoimmune diseases, and hypertension. Grain-fed cattle generally have much lower levels of Omega-3 (the healthy fat, found in salmon) and higher levels of Omega-6. When cattle consume grass, the levels of Omega-3 in their beef can increase as much as 60%.
- More CLA- CLA, or conjugated linoleic acid, is a fatty acid which reduces the risk of diabetes, atherosclerosis, and carcinogenesis. Grassfed beef has two to three time more CLAs than grain-fed beef. Beef from Spring Crossing Cattle provides an abundance of healthy fats like omega 3s and CLA.
- More Dietary Protein- Studies have shown that when people consume more lean beef, they can lower their total triglycerides, LDL cholesterol, and VLDL cholesterol, while at same time increasing the more beneficial type of cholesterol, HDL. Lean proteins can also help reduce weight, lower blood pressure, improve glycemic control and insulin sensitivity. Eating grassfed beef multiplies all of these benefits because it contains about 1.5 times more protein than grain-fed alternatives and is much leaner.
In addition to providing all of these nutritional benefits, our grassfed beef cuts are trimmed to ensure superior quality before they are placed in vacuum sealed bags.
Your family deserves the best. When it comes to beef, make sure it’s 100% free-range grassfed from Spring Crossing Cattle Company — superior nutrition, highest safety standards, and humane, sustainable farming.